Hi, I’m Dan and as the H1 tag above implies, I have a scientific approach to SEO strategy.
What this means for you is that I base my recommendations on data. That is, looking at the SERPs, analysing what ranking pages are doing (and why Google is rewarding them), making changes, measuring the impact of said changes, before making a conclusion on whether something is effective (or not).
My Latest SEO Insights
There is no shortage of SEO fluff out there. I promise you’ll find something worth implementing in each of my blog posts.
About Me & My SEO Methodology
During the day, I work for one the best SEO agencies in Sydney. Here I educate and coach small business owners and marketing managers so that they can maximise their SEO efforts.
Outside of work, I continue to work with a small number of private clients of my own. Doing this keeps me always up to date with what is happening in the world of Search.
I’m invested in local SEO (GMB optimisation).
As well as organic SEO (ranking pages for a target keyword).
I’m a wizard at content strategy and I’m particular strong at getting your on-page elements (headings, page title, text, internal links) to get you maximum visibility in the competitive SERPs.
Before I made the transition to digital marketing, I was a Sydney wedding photographer for 9+ years. During this period, I scoured the internet for SEO advice. Much to my disappointment, there was an abundance of misinformation.
For this reason, I began documenting things that I wish I would have come across when I was first learning the ropes of SEO. In particular, I have an actionable SEO guide for wedding photographers as well as a specific SEO tutorial for wedding videographers.
If you are a small business owner who wants to learn how to leverage SEO to increase online visitors and sales, stick around and read through my blog posts.
You will find guides that cover both theory and actionable tips on the following areas:
- local SEO (Google My Business optimisation)
- organic SEO
- keyword research
- SEO strategy
- content strategy
- on-page optimisation
In addition to this, I can offer you with SEO strategy, carry out comprehensive keyword research (based on your competitors), and general SEO consulting.
(Advanced) DIY SEO Course For Small Business Owners
SEO courses are a dime a dozen. So what makes my one the right one for you?
For starters, I’ve included an entire learning module for you to check out. I spent days putting this particular module together and it should give you a good indication of the quality of the course.
Designed for wedding photographers and other busy small business owners, the SEO Blueprint Training is modular in nature. Simply pick a learning module that describes your particular SEO problem.
By the end of my course, you will be able to:
- formulate and carry out a SEO strategy specific for your business
- carry out in-depth keyword research so that you may select relevant keywords to target and assign them to specific web pages
- use Ahrefs and SURFER to understand why competitors are ranking for your desired keywords
- review ranking competitors and replicate their success for your own website
- use Ahrefs to gauge the feasibility of ranking for a keyword
- use Clearscope to write optimised content for various types of pages (supporting content, landing pages, sales pages, pillar content etc)
- use SURFER to extract relevant SERP insights and incorporate said findings into your on-page SEO
- interpret your own Google Analytics and Google search Console data to help identify areas for improvement within your SEO campaign
- know what is required to improve the visibility of any web page in the SERPs
Choose one or more learning modules: